ABOUT WEGROW LESOTHO
As an international licensed cultivator and exporting manufacturer of medical grade cannabis products, ‘WeGROW’ is on the path to become a leader in the emerging global medical cannabis industry and we are looking for the best talents to join our journey.
The Senior Manager of Formulation and Development will be responsible for coordinating and developing robust products and processes for the WeGROW team, from proof of concept through commercial launch. This manager will be evaluating, characterizing, and testing innovative formulations to provide enhanced benefits to WeGROW customers across multiple product delivery mechanisms. This position is responsible for developing and documenting the standard operating procedures for the formulation and development techniques and is responsible for staff training at all sites. The senior manager will also be responsible for providing the executive team reports associated with process efficacy, efficiency, and quality. Candidate preferably residing in either of the following Markets (EU, US, CA or IL).
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead formulation development and processes for new products, strains, styles and types of cannabis including reformulation of existing products for improvements
- Write and implement SOP’s, manufacturing protocols and measures and ensure compliance with quality, health, safety and regulatory requirements
- Assist with facility design, equipment selection and coordination with construction/engineering teams
- Support quality operations from a technical perspective, providing scientific insight and analysis. Authoring, editing, reviewing and approving quality system files
- Work collaboratively with various departments such as utilizing formulation and analytical resources from various departments, production/manufacturing, quality control, quality assurance, supply, regulatory affairs, human resources and operations
- Prepare manufacturing trial documentation for pilot / small production runs and scale-up operations
- Research and compile raw material documentation for pre-formulation assessment to ensure compliance to testing specifications and regulatory requirements, for new products and existing products whereby and new material is sourced
- Work with procurement and finance team to select materials (excipients/ medicinal ingredients) which meet financial goals and contribute to cost saving initiatives
- Recommend ingredients / processes which will improve manufacturing efficiencies
- Lead technology transfer and scale-up operations to manufacture products in-house.
- Participate in investigations into product failure including quality, potency, visual characteristics and other. Ensure involvement in all trouble-shooting activities
- Provide insight on regulatory and product development pathways for commercialization.
- Analyze results and provide strategy and insight to team
- Conduct continuous gap-assessment of formulation development
- Must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
- 5+ years experience with product development within consumer-packaged goods, food and beverage, beauty, health and wellness or pharmaceuticals (cannabis product development highly preferred)
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel
- Expert knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, and procedures related to cannabis production and development
- Robust formulations and processes that meet product requirements
- On-time delivery of product developments
- Innovative approaches for product development
|Job Category||Cultivation Team|
WeGROW Lesotho is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.